Wednesday, July 16, 2014

7 WEEKS!

Well.
Let's see here about the last week of my life.
Turns out, besides the daily summer school routine, the three-times-a-week karate (which I love) and the semi-constantly worrying about where I'm going in, oh gosh, 49 days, my life is really, really boring.
Amidst the large, overly warm (it's been 90 degrees more than once in the past week. Let's get it together Washington) void of boring that has been my life, one glorious day had a (small) reason to celebrate. (That last sentence may have been just a bit glorified, but what is life without a little poetic license?)
Anywho, this day to remember was simply the day that the long-awaited visa papers came from AFS and we finally had everything(ish) ready to go for the Visa Application Day, which is coming up quickly.
Turns out, the Visa paperwork was infinitely less complicated than AFS makes it out to be, although it was not a sans-stress process (see earlier posts).
Alright, well that is about it for this week.
I will post more next week and I suppose the countdown is officially on and I can finally quote Sherlock Holmes, though in this case, I won't be chasing down a criminal...
"The game's afoot!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are keeping up on your blog, but the realization that I won't see you for another year is really sad. But I was soooo happy that I got to see you at the airport one last time (unless we want to get together with some other people and have a farewell party for you). TTYL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know... I'm gonna miss you so much :( I don't really know what we are doing about parties yet, but I will let you know.

    ReplyDelete