Saturday, January 31, 2015

The Halfway Mark

I MADE IT!! 
Well, I half made it. And that means a pie celebration! There is a bit of a debate about what kind I should make: pecan or apple, and so the compromise that they came up with (without, of course, consulting me) was that I would just make two pies. :)

Since my life has been pretty uneventful, I have only two things to recount (and they're both theater-y).
The first was last Wednesday. I went with my school to Barcelona to see "Mar i Cel". I'm not sure it plays in English, but for anyone out there who speaks Catalan, PLEASE do yourself a favor and see it. It is truly amazing. One of the most impressive things about the play is the ginormous boat that it takes place on, which has ropes from which they do acrobatics and even a compartment underneath, where they hold prisoners. Now, let me tell you, if this is impressive from the audience, it was even more impressive when they let us (just my school) go up on stage and climb on it. It was AWESOME!
The other theater thing was this past Wednesday, and it was hilarious! It was here in my town, so the theater was tiny, but it was in English! The two actors were actually british, and were delighted to here about my exchange. The beginning was a bit boring, their movements were highly over exaggerated to compensate for the mediocre english level here. But then, they started picking people from the audience, and when you see the quietest kid in the class playing a "sexy waiter" it's definitely worth the two euros we paid.

That's kind of it, just one more thing to show y'all.


I got my hair cut!
(Sorry for the bad photo, I'm not photogenic.)

No comments:

Post a Comment