Friday, March 21, 2014

Rehearsal for Murder

The first part of this post is actually not even close to related to my study abroad, but it IS necessary. (I promise)
OK, so I just saw the IHS school play: "Rehearsal for Murder" (or R4M, as they say in the program for the show). To be honest, I wasn't excepting a lot, I've never been to a HS play, and all I've ever been told is that they suck.
But I was really impressed.
After all the play within a play within a play stuff was cleared up I really enjoyed the ending.
For those of you who have seen it:
**SPOILER ALERT**
I also totally called that the (fake) police officer did it!
**END OF SPOILER ALERT**
Okay, now that I got the my critic side OUT, back to study abroad.
Today, I was calmly watching TV, having a nice, calm friday afternoon, when all of a sudden I started freaking out about leaving for a year and WHAT IN THE WORLD I AM GOING TO COOK FOR THOSE PEOPLE?!?!?!
All of everybody (I think that that is english :) ) says that cooking is a great way to bond with host families. So today, I was thinking about what I'm going to make for them, and I realized: I CAN'T COOK!!!
So, in a panic, I run upstairs and I basically grab the first cook book I find that had any sort of cultural relevance to me and I make crepes. So then for the next half and hour I stress-baked (that's a thing right?) and I was super-duper happy with the results, since even the first crepe turned out good.
But baking (mainly the consuming step) is very therapeutic and I absolutely felt much better afterwards :).
Adios!


No comments:

Post a Comment